|AIMS™ animal tattoo identification was developed for safety and efficacy by private and university researchers with the assistance of the US National Institutes of Health. Tattoo identification is a humane and cost effective method for the permanent identification of research animals. This has been well documented over the years and AIMS™ continues to conduct extensive research on tattooing techniques, equipment, tattoo pigment chemistry, safety, and performance in an effort to provide customers with the most advanced technology for animal tattoo identification.
Why are more research labs choosing the AIMS™ tattoo identification system? Because it’s Simple, Cost-Effective, and it Works !
AIMS™ is a small company solely dedicated to developing new technology for the tattoo identification of animals. Unlike many other companies that offer animal identification methods, our only business is animal tattooing. Over the last twenty six years AIMS™ has developed a unique animal tattoo identification system that uses specially configured tattoo equipment with AIMS™ proprietary pigments and supplies. The proper use of this system provides investigators with rapid and permanent animal identification. The AIMS™ animal identification system produces tattoos that are dark, permanent, and easy to read for the life of the animal. Some advantages of the AIMS™ identification equipment and procedures are:
- AIMS™ tattoo pigments and supplies are safe and non toxic to laboratory animals.
- Markings are permanent for the life of the animal.
- Markings are easier and faster to read then other methods of identification.
- Animals can be tattooed very rapidly. Some labs mark up to 200 mice per hour.
- Can be used to identify day old mice or rats.
- Animal stress is minimal and the physiological status of animals is not altered.
- The AIMS™ system is widely used by major government, university, and corporate laboratories throughout the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe.
- No need for anesthesia except for monkeys and mature swine.
- Reduces the incidence of animal bites.
- More cost effective than other identification methods. Pennies Per Mouse
- Routinely used to identify nude, athymic, and transgenic animals.
- Training on the use of equipment and the proper method for dark and long lasting tattoos is available.
- AIMS™ equipment comes with a 1 year warranty and is promptly serviced.
- AIMS™ Gold warranty and service plans available.